Sharing a few insights from my journey as a Social Influencer
I was recently featured on Winkl; an open platform for the curiosity-driven people which stimulates experimental minds, where they can truly showcase their thoughts and create a social base which nurtures and encourages the art of creating.
1. What was the main reason for you to start your blog?
Me: A blog lends you a voice. What you share through your blog will be echoed in the lives of your readers in ways that you may not even imagine. Whether it is sharing your thoughts with others or helping others through your valuable experiences, a blog is all about sharing your insights to enlighten your readers.
Bloggers, in my opinion, are a very resourceful community of people. They have the ability to take up challenges, and they have a willingness to bring knowledge to people in more ways than a classroom can. Their creative minds wander further than the usually trodden paths. Their curious eyes look deeper into the layers of everything they see. Ideation is not just a word for them ~ it is their way of life. Through a blog you bring an idea, a concept or a thought as perceived by the kaleidoscope of your brain.
Personally, what motivates me to write my blog is the ability to bring a smile to my readers’ face, to help them live more fulfilling lives and to inspire them to achieve more than they could.
2. How do I try to differentiate myself from the other blogs out there?
Me: Getting noticed is a conundrum that every blogger faces, especially because of the huge number of blogs that are coming up each day. This is what has helped me:
* Amazing content. Yes, this is mostly what it takes to get noticed. I have seen too many blogs with content that looks too hurried, posts that inarticulately cover an experience or a thought that has been posted with the least effort to explain it. For me, the beauty of content lies in the depth with which you touch the subject or thought that you are covering.
* Adding Value. Your readers visit your blog to know about or to learn about something. I add valuable tips or provide some useful information, which I know my readers will thank me for. I always ask myself this question, “How can I make this post amazingly useful?”.
* Make it Zesty. Your honesty will shine resplendently in your blogs, and readers enjoy that integrity, but there is a hint of zest that makes a blog standout.
* Use Quality Images. We always enjoy looking at eye-catching images. I use impactful and memorable images to complement every one of my posts.
3. What is fashion & style to you? Are they two different things?
Me: While fashion is the body ~ style is the soul. Fashion represents the things that are out there, like fashion items in stores. Style epitomizes the inner you, your identity and your perception of yourself. Where fashion can take attention away from ourselves to focus on the materialistic things, style brings us closer to what we are. Style is what you need to know; what you really are. It is the true essence of yourself reflected in the way you write, the way you think and the way you respond.
4. Do you think dressing up well is important to feeling confident?
Me: I feel that self-confidence is very closely intertwined with dressing well. While each one of us is born with self-confidence, we often try to find our worthiness in someone else’s eyes.
We are well aware of the line, “dress to impress”. But what we may not know is that it is so much about impressing your own self before you step out and let the world gauge how you look. Every time you don a new attire, you will have a new set of thoughts and mental processes racing through your mind. When you dress with confidence, it will not be about the latest trends in the fashion world, or the glitziness of the magazines. It will be and should be about feeling good and confident in what you wear.
5. The best thing that happened to you as a result of blogging?
Me: When I share my experiences on my blog, I hope that it will be noticed by like-minded people who will find value for it. Candid and honest blogging has helped me connect with some very beautiful and interesting people. Fortunately, I have been able to form some very close and honest bonds with these very people.
But more than the connections I have made with others through my blog, I value the connection I was able to make with myself. It has helped me travel down the path of self-understanding, improvement and self-reflection.
6. Where do you see yourself 5 years down the line?
Me: Ambitions are what make a person. They are complex, changeable and very personal. Life often takes you on a journey that can completely turn the tables and set you on a new path altogether. That said, I see myself as an established social influencer in the blogging space. I want to be known as a trusted business partner when it comes to hosting events, and showcasing luxury brands and travel destinations.
Read the article via Winkl here